maandag 5 mei 2014

a challenge ... along the line

Sara Lechner is someone 
who's work I very much admire.
(Two years ago I was lucky to be able to participate
in a workshop given by her
at "Hawar's" in the north of our country)

She moved from Austria to Argentina 
some time ago, but she still makes her lovely art
(with the "embellisher" most of the time)

Sara now, started some kind of 
challenge
you could participate in.
It will be some kind of booklet in the end.


While it's been some time since I last "played" with my embellisher,
I thought it would be nice to join the group.

The size was more or less fixed :
7 x 10 cm
but there were lots of suggestions to choose your theme from.
Though I made up my own :
"along the line (s) "
That way, I can make a lot of different pages fit together 
that you can associate with that theme.
I also didn't want to copy Sara too much !

This is my first (?) page

I started with wool under the embellisher,
some snippets of fabric and lace,
and then did start the embroidery
of my first letter
with onion skin - dyed silk
and variegated red cotton (from the shop)
---

I just received the instructions for the second page
.....
I have to make one, with a hole in it,
so you can see the first page.

So now, I'm not sure what to do next :
start with the second page
or
start with another "first" page that's more suited
for that see-through second page



4 opmerkingen:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses, Els! lxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ik vind je pagina erg mooi geworden met het borduurwerk.
    Ik doe ook mee met deze uitdaging.
    Groet Thea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wunderschön, Els!
    Liebe Grüße
    Gabi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen