woensdag 5 maart 2014

felt additions

 
Last Sunday we, students,
received the fifth part of Fiona's online class
but I didn't do my "homework"  on that part yet.
 
When the computer was s l o w
I had plenty of time to do the work on part 4 :
felt additions.
I put some of the techniques in one piece
and called it
 
SPRING
 
 
I started with the "normal" sample square (25 x 25 cm)
 
and prepared all the little bits and pieces that I needed first
 
Then came the long and careful felting ...
 
It was a lot of work but I looooove those spikes !
Though I wasn't too pleased that one of the little balls
leaked dye to the green surface,
grrrrrrrrr 
a warning to make my own felted balls, instead of buying them !
(the green looks a bit muddy in this photo because
there was no day light at that moment)
*
 
There were also two dear ladies
who wanted to renew their encounter with felt :
one cushion and one hat were made
 
 
This is ALWAYS the best part of making a hat :
trying it on before fulling !!!
 
(a rare bird ... or Pinocchio ... ?)
 
 

Still a lot to be done
but time was up, so she took it home to finish
.....
The three of us had a wonderful day !
 

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Love your garden of spikes and flowers Els. Hoping I get something up before the end of the week.
    Helen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Spaß und freude ist den Fotos anzusehen! Sehr schön!
    viele liebe Grüße
    Gabi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. love the worm in your spring garden - he's hilarious :o)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. That's a great picture with the hat, very birdlike! I love how the colours match your cardigan so well, beautiful.
    Jess x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen