maandag 4 november 2013

bags

This time the bags I've been busy felting 
don't look like the bags 
I'm usually making
...
I wanted them to be a bit more simple to felt
and possibly combine them with fabric.

(as long as cat-assistant leaves my wool in peace
she's allowed ón the table)
The pattern is just a long strip : 
front - back - flap
The rest is still a bit of a mystery (to me) 

Using a piece of net, to prevent the "nuno" parts from shifting
(though my hands don't like rubbing on the stiff net)

This one's dry now and waiting for the fabric gussets.
*

The next one in a different colour scheme

just four layers : two for the inside (light pink)
and two for the outside (reds oranges and pinks)

This one's still wet and not all the nuno pieces are well attached :
the silk and cotton were okay, the mix fabric (big dots) not quite.

And my other assistant ?

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
doing some vacuuming for me,
(with my felting "swimm noodle")


4 opmerkingen:

  1. Gosh what beautiful colors, Els! And you are so lucky to have two such helpful assistants!
    I hope you will show the finished bags - I love the idea of combining other fabrics with the felting.
    xxxoo, sus

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat een geweldige kleurencombinaties; zoooo mooi!
    Ik ben ook razend benieuwd naar het eindresultaat....;-)
    Zo leuk dat stofzuigende mannetje, je ziet 'm ook echt dat geluid maken...
    schattig. Groetjes van Mirjam.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Your colour is stunning. I need green in my life! What a cutie assistant you've got! Hugs Nat

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Oh How lovely, your little grandson helping out with the clearing up!! And I'm lovin' those colours, Els, particularly the greenish one. More piccies!!!Lx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen