vrijdag 29 juli 2011

sanguisorba

I made the felted strap for my blue bag today
It's drying now
and I'll sew it on probably tomorrow
so not much to show.

But in the garden one of my favourites has come back
and has come back beautifully.
The Sanguisorba officinalis was in a place
that wasn't quite right
( at least that's what I thought ! )
so I moved it two years ago to another spot
more in the background because it grows rather tall.
But ...
my Sanguisorba didn't like that place at all :
a few leaves
and that was it !
I was very sorry but didn't dare to re-place it once again.
Last year there was a new smal plant
just where the old one used to be.
This year it has restored itself
( almost ) in it's old glory !

a good one and a half metres high
and waving its dark red flower dots above the surrounding plants


with lots of insects visiting

I will leave it right there
in its own place !
  

4 opmerkingen:

  1. That's a lovely plant, I haven't heard of it before. I bet those flower heads dye nicely!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. wat heb jij een mooie tuin Els, en je was denk ik heel blij met de workshop van Pam hè, als ik je mooie verslag lees.
    Ik ga je volgen hoor!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. This is beautiful. I haven't seen them in real life - wandered if it can be use in the dye!
    Hugs
    Nat

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Where was the original location? I'd like to grow these, but not sure of the best spot since it is a tall plant that seems rather airy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen