zondag 30 januari 2011

small weave

I'm always working at several pieces at a time
( that might easily lead to UFO's ) 
but normally it's not a problem at all.

I switch from one to another
when I don't know how to continue
and then, after working on something else,
all of a sudden I get a bright idea and I know how to go on
( that's the way it works for me )

.... so while the heart is still waiting, I finished a very small weave
which I started with the narrow strips cut from my stash
( 1 and 2 cm )
it is partly a double weave

Because I didn't know what to do with the little ends that stood out
I cut them into tiny points
and it worked out quite well

After stitching, cutting holes,
and again more stitching,
I finished it this morning with a loop and a button :
et voilà

... but ofcourse ... 
you could also hang it on the wall ...

( looks a bit like a ... centipede ... now I see it like this ! )

7 opmerkingen:

  1. I already commented in CWB website, but I love this so much that have to tell you again how beautiful it is. I have not tried yet the "double weaving" and "cut outs", but I will give it a try in something small. Love beading and have made lots of bracelets but none like this, like I said before, I want it!!!! hahahaha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. yes. i work the same way you do. i just love that bracelet. i can just hear all the questions when you wear it out for the first time. it would also be a great project for all those left over strips.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a beautiful piece! Love the colours.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow, this is VERY cool. I just sat here and studied it as I sipped my coffee. I would love wearing something like this. I've also made MANY beaded bracelets, but this design is really where I'm at in my life at the moment. I love the idea... may I borrow it to make myself one???

    ;~) Debi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wow... I love your cuff! I've been away so havent seen much of what you girls have been creating on CWB. Just visiting a few blogs and then off to catch up on the worshop!

    Inspirational stuff Gilly.

    Jacky xox

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen